Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just a sprain... 9/6/2011

When we were getting ready to leave a friends birthday party I noticed Kaylee limping to the car. When I asked her what happened she said that as she was walking down the sidewalk and her ankle twisted. Since she didn't have anything to catch her balance on she ended up going all the way down to the ground. Then her friend tripped over her laying on the ground and fell on top of her. There wasn't any swelling or bruising, so I just took her home and put ice on it. The next morning she couldn't walk on it at all (I tried to make her and she fell into the side of the bathroom sink. Ooops). So after I took Courtney to school we went up to Balboa to have it checked out. It turned out that she just sprained it and pulled some ligaments around her growth plates in her foot. She was pretty excited at first to get crutches until by the end of the day when her arm pits were getting sore. She got the hang of it pretty quickly though.

I am happy to report that after three weeks on crutches she is back on two feet now. :)

No comments: