Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pool Party... 9/5/2011

My kids were so excited when I told them we were invited over to the Prescott's for their Labor Day pool party because they love swimming in their pool. When I woke up that morning and saw it was sprinkling I wasn't sure if that would change plans or not, a little rain didn't seem to stop anyone from jumping in the pool, eating delicious food, and visiting with friends. It also gave Brooklyn another chance to show off/practice her new swimming skills. I'm sure I just sound like a bragging mom, but the kid has only had one week of lessons her entire life and look at her go. She's a natural.



The next thing she needs to learn is how to come up for a breath. She just keeps on going until she gets to the other side and sometimes comes up a little winded. Nick tried pointing up for her when it was time for her to come up for a breath but she didn't quite get it and still just kept on going.



After she got tired of practicing we put some floaties on her so she could just play around and have fun with the other kids.

Kaylee and her friends

The funniest part of the day for me came when Brooklyn walked over to me and told me she didn't want to wear her floaties anymore. So I took them off of her and told her she couldn't go back into the pool until she either had those on or her life jacket on. She said she wanted her life jacket which meant that I had to run out to my car to get it. I told her that she had to sit in the chair and wait for me to run and grab her life jacket. I explained to her that she was NOT aloud to get into the water at all until I came back, not even to put her toes in. She looked at me and said, "Okay I won't put my toes in, but can I at least put my head in?" :)

The diving board is always a big hit.



The girls decided to work on learning how to dive.





Before we left Nick and all the kids decided to play a giant game of Sharks and Minos. The kids had a blast with this.



When we were driving home my girls asked me when we could over there for the next pool party. I told them that I'm sure they want to finish cleaning up from this party before thinking about the next one. :) It was a great day!

No comments: