Jason was AWESOME with the girls. I know he was a little nervous at first because he had never actually taught swim lessons before (although he has been a life guard while swim lessons were going on so he has seen how it is done) but he really did a great job with the girls. He was very patient with them (because lets face it, the attention span of a 3 year old doesn't always last very long) and he had fun little games for them to play while they were learning. They all became much more comfortable in the water and really learned a lot. Brooklyn can now swim a pretty good distance without any help. I was really impressed with how well she does in the pool now after only one week of lessons. Now I just need to keep practicing with her so she continues to improve.
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Swim lessons... 8/15-19/2011
Nick is always asking me to get the girls in swimming lessons, but the last time I had the girls in lessons Kaylee said it was boring because the classes were so big that they didn't really get much time with the teacher actually learning things. So when Kim and I found out that our friend Dee Dee's son Jason might be interested in doing swim lessons at their pool we jumped on the chance. My older two girls were in school during the lessons so they were not happy with me because they LOVE going over to the Prescott's pool to swim. I tried to explain to them that Brooklyn is the one who doesn't know how to swim at all so she really needs these lessons, but all they heard was Brooklyn gets to swim and they don't. :)
Jason was AWESOME with the girls. I know he was a little nervous at first because he had never actually taught swim lessons before (although he has been a life guard while swim lessons were going on so he has seen how it is done) but he really did a great job with the girls. He was very patient with them (because lets face it, the attention span of a 3 year old doesn't always last very long) and he had fun little games for them to play while they were learning. They all became much more comfortable in the water and really learned a lot. Brooklyn can now swim a pretty good distance without any help. I was really impressed with how well she does in the pool now after only one week of lessons. Now I just need to keep practicing with her so she continues to improve.


This was their favorite game... They would throw the ball and then have to swim out and get them on their kick boards while remember to kick the whole time.

Brooklyn of course found ways to entertain herself while it was one of the other girls turns to swim out to Jason. She would push herself out of the pool with her arms and then just let her bum hover above the water. She was pretty proud of herself for this.
A group shot on the last day!
Jason was AWESOME with the girls. I know he was a little nervous at first because he had never actually taught swim lessons before (although he has been a life guard while swim lessons were going on so he has seen how it is done) but he really did a great job with the girls. He was very patient with them (because lets face it, the attention span of a 3 year old doesn't always last very long) and he had fun little games for them to play while they were learning. They all became much more comfortable in the water and really learned a lot. Brooklyn can now swim a pretty good distance without any help. I was really impressed with how well she does in the pool now after only one week of lessons. Now I just need to keep practicing with her so she continues to improve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment