Thursday, September 29, 2011

Walk to school day... 9/20/2011

The girls school participates in National Walk to School Day twice a year. This was our first one of the year. I volunteered to be in charge of one of the meeting sites and walk all the children to school. We met at Rohr park to start our journey. All kids we so excited to be there and to be walking to school. I didn't hear any complaining the whole way there, not even from Courtney which is a miracle in itself. haha :) It took us about a half hour to get there which gave all the kids about ten minutes to rest before school started.



Brooklyn thought it was pretty cool because this is the first year that I let her walk with us instead of pushing her in the stroller. I think it made her feel like a big girl. She stayed up ahead of me the whole way there with the big kids, but on the way back when it was just the two of us she held my hand the whole way. (which was fun for me)



No comments: