Sunday, November 7, 2010

I wish there were two of me...

Yesterday was a busy soccer day for us. The girls games over lapped and were on different fields so I had to do a lot of running back and forth. Not only do they not play on the same fields, but there fields are about a 15 minute drive (each way) as long as I hit all green lights. I was exhausted by the time I was done. Courtney's game was at 8:00 so I dropped her off and then had to run Kaylee to her game because she had to be there by 8:25. I got back to Courtney's game 4 minutes before it was over. I felt so bad for her that she didn't have anyone there to cheer for her and of course this would be the game that she made a goal and I wasn't there to see it. As soon as Courtney's game was over I had to grab her and head back over to Kaylee's field to watch the last half of her game. I will be really glad when soccer is over, it's just too hard doing this by myself.


When I got back to Courtney's game I saw that most of the team was just sitting in the middle of the field, I have never seen this before so I asked one of the parents what was going on. I guess Courtney's team was losing so badly that the two coaches decided to give them a little break so they could try and make some more goals. They had most of the teams sitting out and then they would rotate thru the girls playing 2 on 1. Courtney's league seems to be more about just having fun and not competitive at all, Kaylee's is very competitive.
Kaylee's team won their game 4-1. They all played very hard and did a really good job. Their coach promised them if won yesterdays game and today's game (which Kaylee will not be going to because it is Sunday) then he would buy them all happy meals, so I guess that was enough encouragement to get them out there playing hard.

After spending most of the morning in her car seat running back and forth between soccer games, Brooklyn needed to get out some energy. During Kaylee's game she entertained herself by rolling down a big hill they have there at the field.

No comments: