Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Strep throat times 2...

Our friend Julie that has been living with us had strep throat a couple of weeks ago so last Wednesday when Kaylee woke up with a sore throat I knew there was a good chance that she had it too. I took the girls to the doctor on Thursday for a strep test and the rapid strep test (strep A) came back negative. The doctor said her throat was red, but it could just be a virus. She said she would still send the test over to the lab to check for strep B. On Monday evening, (after the girls had spent the entire day at school, had spent the weekend at soccer, music machine camp, church, basically exposing everyone they know) I got a call from the doctor letting me know that the girls do in fact have strep throat. Luckily by the time we found out that is what they had they were already feeling better. I took Brooklyn to the doctor yesterday and she doesn't have it, so that is good news. The nice part about the two older girls having it (if there really is a nice part) is that they can give themselves their medicine (after I measure it out) instead of holding them down and trying to squirt it down their throats like I sometimes have to do with Brooklyn. Now that they are on antibiotics hopefully this germ will be gone from our house soon.



No comments: