Wednesday, November 10, 2010

That's what I get for being lazy...

Typically in the mornings while the girls are getting ready for school I either get ready for the day or I get my gym clothes on and head to the gym after I drop them off at school. Since Kaylee was staying home from school sick today and I couldn't go to the gym I decided to be a little lazy and not get dressed. This shouldn't be too much of big deal since I don't have to get out of the car when I drop Courtney off at school, all I have to do is pull up at the parent drop off and she goes thru the gate to her class, so why should I bother getting dressed. I've tried doing this before and either locked myself out of my house or ran out of gas, but I knew this time things would go off without a hitch. So out the door I go in my missed matched pj's, without even bothering to brush my hair. Everything went fine until I tried to turn back on my street to come home and was greeted by this sign...

I tried going a few blocks down and coming in from the other direction, but no luck. Every entrance onto my street is blocked right now because they decided to repave the street. There weren't any work trucks or road blocks on my street when I left 15 minutes before, so they really worked fast once I pulled out of my driveway. So I ended up having to park around the corner on the next street and walk home while displaying to the world my natural beauty. Normally I would NEVER post a picture on my blog looking this bad, but I want to give the full effect of how embarrassing this was, since all the construction workers outside got to see me looking like this why shouldn't everyone else. Lesson learned the hard way. (again)

8 comments:

Rob n Katie' said...

For some odd reason I don't think this will be the last time. At least you look comfortable (SMILE)

Jenn said...

I'm sure you're not the only mom that drives their kid(s) to school in their pj's! At least you don't pick up your kids from school in your pj's. Hope Kaylee feels better soon!

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Hahahahaha, I know I shouldn't be laughing at your humiliation but I totally am! Only because I love you and I TOTALLY took Azure to school this morning looking EVEN scarier than that (didn't even bother to put a bra on)! I love that we're cosmically connected enough to take our kids to school looking like hags on the exact same day.

donandbecky said...

I love that you also go out in your PJ's. I am sick so I stayed home from work and drove the girls to school in my pjs and Jessica said "Mom you are so embarassing!" I'm glad I didn't have to walk a block back to my house! :)

donandbecky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I thought of doing this also when my kids were little. After your experience I am glad I didn't. Brooklyn doesn't look to happy about the whole adventure.

Sharon said...

I'm sorry but that is funny. Seeming how i have been there when you have locked yourself out before. You look adorable!

Sherrie said...

hahahahahahaha

Oh boy do I miss you guys!