Sunday, November 7, 2010

Natural History Museum...

This past Tuesday our playgroup decided to switch things up a bit and instead of going to the park we went to a couple of the free museums at Balboa Park. I really liked the change. It was fun to do something different and I haven't been to the museums in a really long time. We got there an hour before they opened so the kids had to find things to entertain themselves. Brooklyn being Brooklyn climbed on everything she could, but there was no keeping these kids out of the water. Luckily it was hot day so they dried off pretty fast.



We spent most of our time at the Natural History Museum. I can't wait until the next time my big girls have a break for school so I can take them, they would love it. Brooklyn enjoyed seeing all the big dinosaur bones and anything that was interactive so she could push buttons or slide things from side to side. There was a lot of things that she didn't quite understand, but she still seemed to really enjoy herself.
This is her trying to make a shark face like the one behind her.
The lizard exhibit was by far her favorite part. She loved seeing all the different kinds of lizards. I think this is probably where we spent the majority of our time. A lot of them were walking around in their cages which she thought was pretty funny. She kept saying, "Look he walks!" I guess she's used to just seeing the ones at the zoo that are usually sleeping when we see them.

A lot of our group had to leave after the Natural History Museum, but a few of us went over to check out the train museum. We didn't stay there very long. It's kinda crowded in there and the walkways aren't very big. But the kids loved watching all the trains that were driving along the tracks. Their favorite train had a little statue of Mickey Mouse standing on the front of it, but of course I didn't take a picture of that one... Oops. :)

No comments: