We all had such a fun day. It was nice being able to spend time with my girls. When I put Kaylee to bed tonight she said, "This was an awesome birthday!" That's all I needed to hear to make it totally worth it. She definitely deserved an awesome birthday. I can't wait until next year when we can celebrate again. It might take me a year to recover from such a busy day. :)
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
A Day Full of Celebration...
I had told Kaylee that since we weren't having a big birthday party for her this year that she could pick what she wanted to do for her birthday and we would spend it together as a family. She woke up this morning a little sad because she missed her dad and wished he could be here on her birthday. He ended up surprising her with a phone call, and although it wasn't a great connection it really made her day. After she got off the phone it was time to get our day of celebrating started. The first thing she wanted to do was go to the movie theater and see the new Yogi Bear movie. It was pretty cute, she laughed the whole way thru it.

Then she decided she wanted to go to John's Incredible Pizza Company for lunch. (This is my girls favorite place to eat at. The love being able to go up to the buffet as many times as they want and get whatever food they are in the mood for. Then of course we had to go over to the game side so they could play some games and go on a few rides.





Next on her list was ice skating. So I drove out to the Krock center so we could go ice skating and it was so packed that the line to get in was out the door and down the sidewalk. Keep in mind it was also pouring down rain, and even though we had our umbrellas we were still getting soaked. We ended up waiting in line for about ten minutes without moving much, when we found out that the line was so long because it was completely packed inside and they had ran out of skates so you had to wait until people left (who had the same size feet as you) so you could get in. She decided she did not want to wait out in the rain anymore so we made our way back to our car. So our next stop was to base to go bowling. All three of the girls had a blast bowling. I'm pretty sure this is Brooklyn's first time getting to bowl, and she loved it. She insisted on doing it all by herself and every time she was done she would turn around and look at us, then put her arms up in the air and say, "Yay, I did it!" It was really cute. What was not so cute was mommy's scores. I seemed to be having a really rough bowling day and ended up come in last place (how sad is that?). The funniest part was that Brooklyn totally beat all of us, not sure how that happened. Here are our final scores; Brooklyn-95, Kaylee-89, Courtney-70, and Candi-46:(.






Then it was on to Corvette Diner for dinner. The girls LOVE this place, it's has such a fun atmosphere. The waitress came over and put a bunch of straws in Kaylee's hair when she found out it was Kaylee's birthday. Then a magician came over to our table and did some magic tricks for the girls which they were still trying to figure out how he did that on our way home. After we were all done eating a group of waiters and waitresses came over to sing Happy Birthday to Kaylee. She definitely felt like the center of attention.
We all had such a fun day. It was nice being able to spend time with my girls. When I put Kaylee to bed tonight she said, "This was an awesome birthday!" That's all I needed to hear to make it totally worth it. She definitely deserved an awesome birthday. I can't wait until next year when we can celebrate again. It might take me a year to recover from such a busy day. :)
We all had such a fun day. It was nice being able to spend time with my girls. When I put Kaylee to bed tonight she said, "This was an awesome birthday!" That's all I needed to hear to make it totally worth it. She definitely deserved an awesome birthday. I can't wait until next year when we can celebrate again. It might take me a year to recover from such a busy day. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLEE!! Wow, what an awesome Mom you are!! That is SERIOUSLY a TON of stuff you packed into one day (all by yourself)! I'm extremely impressed! I'm going to have you throw my next birthday for me :)
WOW ur an awesom MOM not so much an awesome bowler thought LOL!! Glad Kaylee had such an awesome day!!
I have to echo what the other two comments said, YOUR such an AWESOME mom!!! Ryans birthday is at the end of this month, if you want to head down to plan that one for me haha. Your making such wonderful memories with your girls!!
Post a Comment