Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Locks of Love...

On Monday I took Courtney out for her mommy daughter date, and all she wanted to do was go get her hair cut so off we went to Super Cuts. She had been growing her hair out for about a year and a half so she could be Pipi Longstockings for Halloween, now that Halloween was over she wanted all that hair off. She decided she wanted to donate her hair to the Locks of Love foundation after she learned about it a few months ago. She wanted her hair cut pretty short because she said she is tired of people always touching it. A lot of times when we are at the store or out somewhere people will come up to us (that we don't know) and tell Courtney how pretty her hair is and they'll run their fingers thru it (which is pretty weird if you ask me. I would never put my hands in a strangers hair), it happens to us all the time and she really doesn't like it. She said her classmates at school will do it sometimes when they are sitting on the carpet for story time too. So she decided that if she cut it short nobody would want to touch it anymore. She described the cut that she wanted as just like her friend Sierra's hair only a little shorter. She ended up getting an A line cut. She was SO excited about it after it was all done that she could not WAIT to come home and show her sisters her new style. It was definitely sadder for me than it was for her. As long as she is happy with it that's all that matters, which she seems to be. Plus her new style makes her look older which I think she likes too. :)

Here she is before as we were waiting in the salon for them to call her name.
Sitting up in the chair ready to get started.
She had this smile on her face the entire time.
Here we go....
And the after....


She ended up donating a little over 11 inches. I think a little girl out there will be very happy to have a wig made out of Courtney's hair because she does have really nice hair. I am proud of her for wanting to do that. It's her way of making a difference in someone else's life.

2 comments:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Way to go Courts!! Your hair looks adorable!!! I love it!

Sharon said...

she looks so grown up! She is way cute and she is very brave! I love her new look.