Friday, July 15, 2011

Being sick is no fun :( ... 6/7/2011

It's never any fun being sick, but it's even worse when you are out in public. Our play group was scheduled to meet at Balboa park to go to the free science museum. Kaylee was really looking forward to this because she loves anything to do with science. On our way there she told me she had a stomach ache and felt like she was going to throw up. I handed a bag back to her just in case and sure enough a couple minutes she threw up in the bag. I asked if she wanted me to turn around and go home but she said she felt much better after throwing up, so I kept on going. When we got to the museum and started walking thru the parking lot she said she was feeling sick again. She stopped and sat down right in the middle of the parking lot so I had to get her up and move her over to the grass. I told her that I would take her home but that we needed to walk over to the fountain really quick so I let the rest of our group know not to wait for us. It took me a while to get her to walk the few yards over to where they were. By the time we got over to everyone she was looking pretty pale and just layed down on the sidewalk. I made arrangements with my friends to keep Courtney, Brooklyn, and Sydney (the little girl I was babysitting) so I could take Kaylee home. While we were figuring out car seat stuff the museum people were so nice. They saw her laying out there and came to make sure she was okay. They brought her and ice pack to put on the back of her neck and they game me a stack of free tickets to come back another day since she would have to miss out today. I thought that was really cool of them. Luckily by the end of the day she was feeling much better.

No comments: