The town I grew up in (
Willits) in the heart of the redwood trees so I was pretty used to seeing big huge trees, and probably took it a little for granted. After moving to San Diego, and not having many trees, I've really missed the redwoods. So we decided for our last big adventure on our trip we would all go up to the Big Basin Redwood State Park. It is a very winding road to get there so Kaylee got really car sick and ended up throwing up as soon as we parked. (Luckily it didn't get on her or the car) Once she started walking around and had a little water she felt much better. It was pretty cold up there that day, but we toughed it out. We hiked around for awhile, basically using the forest as a big playground for Nick, his brothers, and the kids. :) Everyone had such a good time and the trees were beautiful, just like I remembered.
We had packed a lunch so after we were done exploring, we found a picnic area and had lunch. After lunch all the guys and the kids decided to play a few games of 'kick the can'. It was so funny to watch. They played it for like an hour before they finally got tired and worn out. Then it was time to start our drive back to San Diego. This was a good way to end our trip though.
I got these pictures a little out of order. Here is Shawn, Steve and Kaylee counting while everyone else was hiding to play kick the can.

Nick's parents have a picture of all their kids on a tree root like this when they were little, so we had to reenact that picture. :)

The girls with their cousin Vanessa

Kaylee, Uncle Steve and cousin Eamon

A group shot of the kids and
grandkids
No comments:
Post a Comment