Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Disney Land day 1... 5/15/2011

On Monday we started an 8 journey up to northern California to meet up with Nick's parents and grandparents. We of course wanted to make the trip fun for Jane and the kids so our first stop was Disney Land. Brooklyn was only a year and a half old the last time we took them there so she didn't really remember anything about it and was so excited when we told her we were going to the place where Mini Mouse lives.

The first ride we went on was Space Mountain. There wasn't much of a line so we ended up going on it like 3 times in a row. By the 3rd time I knew right where the camera was and decided to play it up for the picture. Kaylee does not seem at all impressed by her mom, in fact she looks a little embarrassed. I'm sure it won't be the last time I embarrass her. :)

When we came off Space Mountain Buzz Lightyear was outside so we had to stop to take a quick picture with him.

Leroy is pretty scared of characters dressed up in costumes, but Jane was able to talk him into taking a picture with Buzz.

Then it was off to ride the Astro Orbitor. (There were actually a few rides in between this one but I didn't get any pictures of those ones so I don't remember which ones we rode on)

Shawn and Leroy

We were also lucky to have some of our friends in town visiting from Missouri, so they were able to come and spend one day at Disney Land with us before they flew back home. This is Matt (who we knew from growing up in Willits) his wife Lianna, and their son Harper.

They looked so cute in their matching outfits and it made is so easy to keep track of all of them.

This was on Thunder Mountain

It took most of the day for us to make our way back to ToonTown and Brooklyn was so patiently waiting to see Mini Mouse. Literally as soon as we walked thru the arch at ToonTown she feel fast asleep. I felt so bad for her, but I had to let her sleep for a little bit so the other kids had fun while she slept.



I let her sleep all the way until we got to the front of the line to see Mini Mouse, but then I knew I had to wake her up or she would never forgive me. She was so excited when she opened her eyes and saw her "idol" standing there that she practically jumped out of her stroller and ran up to her to give her a hug. It was really cute.

The older girls met us there to get into the picture.

Then it was time to go inside the house. She could hardly believe her eyes that she was actually in Mini's house, sitting on her bed, lying on her bed, sitting at her kitchen table and looking inside her fridge. It was like a dream come true for her. :)









No comments: