Once inside we went straight to find the garlic battered mushroom booth. We each got our own order of mushrooms and an order of garlic battered artichoke hearts to share. The artichoke was okay, but the mushrooms were just as delicious as I remembered them to be from the year before.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Girls night at the Del Mar fair... 6/14/2011
Last year my friend Kim and I both discovered our love for garlic battered mushrooms at the Del Mar county fair. For the past year we have been thinking, and dreaming of these things, and counting down the days until the fair comes back so we can get some more. The time has finally come and we decided it would be much more fun to go to the fair with our friends (and without kids). So one while my father in-law had my girls at the Safari Park, it worked out to be a perfect night for us to go. Luckily it worked for my friends to get a sitter for their kids that night too. So we all (Jenn, Kim, Nancy and I) loaded up into my van and off we went, while visions of deep fried food danced in our heads. We ended up getting stuck in major traffic, a drive that should have taken no more than 40 minutes ended up taking 2 hours, but we weren't about to let that stop us. :)
Once inside we went straight to find the garlic battered mushroom booth. We each got our own order of mushrooms and an order of garlic battered artichoke hearts to share. The artichoke was okay, but the mushrooms were just as delicious as I remembered them to be from the year before.
Our goal for the night was too keep eating and trying different foods until we could literally not eat another bite. (which happened for me sooner than I thought it would) So our next stop was at the Australian Battered Potatoes booth. We just got one order to share because they were pretty big. We had them covered in ranch and cheese sauce. They were SO good. Here we are about to dig in.
A closer look at their goodness!
The last thing we ate was some deep fried girl scout cookies. I was not a fan of these at all. They were so gross that I could barely choke down one bite before I had to just throw the rest of it away. By this point our mouths we so coated with all the different greasy food we had eaten so we decided to call it a night with the food.
Once inside we went straight to find the garlic battered mushroom booth. We each got our own order of mushrooms and an order of garlic battered artichoke hearts to share. The artichoke was okay, but the mushrooms were just as delicious as I remembered them to be from the year before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment